My Keeper

Long before I would receive the Lord Jesus in my life, He has been saving me. That is, saving me from destructions that I had led myself into. His eyes were pitifully upon me, as I went on with my life and choices. He knew that someday in the future, I would find my way to Him. He knew that I would later become His, so He was always there, at the sidelines.

When I was stabbed by drug addicts in 1995, I had a slim chance to live. As the surgeon worked to stop the bleeding of my wounds, sewing them up and racing against the odds, I tried to pray The Lord’s Prayer. Many times I attempted to utter it, but I couldn’t get through the first line. I was so weak and my mind had become fuzzy that I couldn’t even remember the prayer I had known all my life.

I knew then, even as I know it now, that as I vomited blood from my bleeding right lung, He was there, although I couldn’t see or feel Him.

He was always looking, even as I lost my way. And I know He had wept for me.

And when I was in Japan in 2003 on my way to the airport, I was already very sick. On the train, I could hardly focus my eyes, my throat was parched and I knew I had turned terrifyingly pale by the looks of the other passengers. Again, I remembered the Lord that He alone could help me. I prayed The Lord’s Prayer non-stop.

About two weeks after this trip, I received the Lord Jesus Christ in my life as my Lord and Savior.

So this is my comfort in my hard trials and afflictions: that if the Lord saved me from destructions even before I became His, how much more would He care and protect me now that I am His and He is mine.

He will protect His own. There’s really nothing to worry about.

This weekend, I pray that the Lord Jesus will keep and protect our unsaved loved ones and friends, even as He keeps and protects us – His very own treasured flock. Amen.

This post is linked to Brag on God Friday, Pink Saturday, Spiritual Sundays

You might also like: Found in Him

Comments

1. Jen Ferguson says:

Wow — what an amazing testimony. I had never though about times when the Lord saved me before I was clearly His in my own profession of faith.

2. sarah says:

I remember too how He took care of me….even when I didn’t know HIm and He still does that all the time now….great story Rina and reminder .

3. Crystal Mary says:

Praise God, you were His child, long before you knew it. He was watching over you all that time. and gradually bringing you into His redeeming light. God bless you.

4. LaVoice says:

May you continue to be protected and blessed by the good Lord.

5. Esther Joy says:

He certainly was “My Keeper” this last week! I did a rock with that name for God in my Rock4Today blog several weeks ago, and was happy to be reminded n your blog iof His keeping power again tonight.

6. Vilisi says:

Amen. Agreeing with your prayer that God protect unsaved loved ones even as He protects us. Blessings.

7. Lynn says:

Hi, Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony. HE knows your heart. HE heard the first line of the Lord’s prayer as if it were all the prayers in the world because it was coming from a heart reaching out to HIM. How GREAT THOU ART. He is my Lord and Saviour too. Praise God. May you continue to be blessed and may your beautiful testimony reach out to those in need of HIM.
    Lynn

8. Pamela says:

The way God works is beautiful beyond words. What a testimony you have!

9. Ginger says:

I like to look make seeing how many times the Lord was there for me,even though I didn’t know it at the time. Thank-you for sharing this testimony.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

10. Lory says:

Praise the LORD po!! Glory to GOD!! I always love to be the apple of the eye of the My Dearest LORD JESUS^^ God bless you po

11. Charlotte says:

What a beautiful testimony, Rina. It is so reassuring to know that the Lord knows who are His even before they/we do. Thank you for sharing this.
    Blessings,