Dishonest Gain

I hear news of this little town in the faraway province and its always depressing. The ones in power continue to enrich themselves while the poor continue to be so. The helpless townsfolk can do nothing but gawk, minds full of questions and hearts heavy with great  disappointments, and maybe silent rage (?), as new houses are being built and new cars are being driven. More money is being milked out of an already bleeding treasury to be splurged in worldly ways, while there’s not a single hospital, or a town library or a children’s park. And how about infrastructure? Roads that connect the farmers to the market?

Such are the prevalent ills this country has: corruption is never completely eradicated and the poor continue to increase and suffer. Progress is slow and can hardly be felt because the demons of dishonesty and covetousness are at frenzied work.

For the man that doesn’t fear God will trust and boast in material wealth.

But these are the words of the Lord:

Why do you boast in evil, O mighty man?…

God shall likewise destroy you forever;
He shall take you away, and pluck you out of your dwelling place,
And uproot you from the land of the living.
(Ps. 52: 1,5)

The Lord our God is the hope of all nations. That’s why we, by the grace and power of God, shall continue to bring the Gospel to everyone, rich and poor. For only the glorious light of the Gospel and the enduring mercy of God could penetrate the darkest heart.

I had written a more detailed discussion about this subject in Incorruptible. I invite you to click the link if you had missed it before ~ thank you!

Endnote: Photo courtesy of my cousin Bill Raras (Brampton, Canada)

Faith Filled Friday, Spiritual Sundays, Teach Me Tuesday, Winsome Wednesday, Walk With Him Wednesday

Comments

1. Ashley Pichea says:

The UBP is a highlight of my blogging year, and I’m so glad that you’ve linked up this year!! I look forward to getting to know you better in the months to come.
    Ashley Pichea

2. I saw your entry through Spiritual Sundays and really touched by your testimonies and how God transformed your life. I am now one of your follower. You are an inspiration.

Hi Ligaya! Thank you so much for your encouraging words and for following my blog. I pray that God will continue to touch your heart through my writings. May you have a blessed weekend!

Rina

• It is the problem in our country. sad to say. But like you said. we just continue to share the gospel, coz it is God who can change hearts. kee it up sister.

3. RinaPeru says:

A comment from Nikki of Gentle Recovery that she emailed to me and I want to share with you:

Hi Rina…I couldn’t post on your blog but wanted to comment.

I read your expanded post and just wanted to say it’s even sadder when someone who claims to know God…..abuses others for their gain. Nikki

4. Charlotte says:

It is sad there is so much corruption in the governments of the world. There is certainly plenty of it in the U.S. government. I think as long as this world remains as it is things will not change very much in that respect.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

5. Jen Ferguson says:

Everyday, I read the paper and I hear of all the corruption and disease of the world. It can be easy to lose heart when I realize the depth of despair of this fallen world. But yes, we must cling to the hope and words of God who has overcome this world!

Lovely to meet you. Stopping by from Tracy’s!

Great to meet you, too, Jen! By God’s grace, if in the future, you’ll have an opportunity to visit our country Philippines, you’ll see first-hand the kind of poverty my beloved countrymen suffer. But as followers of Christ in this part of the world, our ministry does its best to spread the Gospel even in the most dangerous areas, by the Lord’s strength.

Indeed, we must cling to His declaration, that He has overcome the world!