A family that is not bound by the sanctity of marriage, albeit, love is present for the years of unholy union have borne children. Children that are hopeful for a happy and harmonious family and a bright future. But nowadays, it is becoming more apparent that there is something weightier than love. It is ambition. For a dream and an ambition, one would gamble all. And so, leaving behind a mother with a heart that’s torn and wide-eyed children whose future now looks dim – one would set out to pursue that dream. That dream would require a marriage to another, someone who could bring one to a land flowing with milk and honey. It is a marriage for convenience, people say. But in this case, the woman loves the man whose heart belongs to the mother of his children. But ambition is weightier than love…
This is a true story. There are others quite similar and they’re just near. The world is so broken but it can’t heal itself.
I think about these things deeply. I know that for most people of the world, this phrase has become so commonplace it has probably lost its power to them, but it is always true to me and I will not grow weary in declaring it: The Lord Jesus Christ is the only One who can turn a life around.
What makes me think deeper is the question: How will a Christ-follower make one see that the Lord Jesus can fix a life – solve its problems and change its course?
One hindrance that I see here is one’s belief that one is serving God from wherever one is, not knowing that one is in a place where Truth is not present. For if one were truly in the Lord, why is one still so lost? So, there is that belief that there is no difference whether one stays and serves God where one is, or seeks a more intimate relationship with Him in His Church.
My “remedy” for this is: see the benefits. There is a whole lot of difference between a life in the Lord Jesus Christ and a life that is in the world which falsely serves God (or serves a false god). Truth is, life in Him is incomparable. For how would one compare eternity with death, or heaven with hell?
The benefits of a life in Christ are summarized in this:
But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption. (1 Cor. 1:30)
Sanctification (or Holiness)
All these things are absent in a life that is not in the Lord Jesus Christ. On the other hand, all blessings emanate from these. One need not wrestle to try to make life right and repeatedly fail. One needs only to surrender one’s life to the Lord Jesus Christ and He will make everything alright.
Endnote: Know the Keys of Salvation here.
To join, may I request that you do the ff.:
- Leave your comment to this post.
- Subscribe to Healing Moments via email. Please put it in your comment upon accomplishing this or if you’re already an email subscriber.
- “Like” Healing Moments on Facebook.
- Giveaways for Philippines only. OFWs are invited to join. Should you win, giveaways will be sent to your Philippine address. (I deeply apologize to my friends and followers outside of the Philippines :().
- One winner will be selected.
- Giveaways close on October 6, Saturday, 6:00pm.
- Thank you for joining!
My gratitude list ~ the gifts I received from the hand of the Lord:
- Sharing testimonies of God’s healing miracles to my sister so fervent that tears flowed freely. And the Lord touched and changed her heart.
- Tim’s recovery from an asthma-like cough only through prayers.
- Beloved pastoral workers coming at midnight to pray over and lay hands on him (bel. husband was away fasting and praying).
- Bel. husband finishing three days of prayer and fasting at Pampanga Fasting House.
- my life and the days and years He keeps adding to it
- the love of my husband and kids – my treasure
- our group hug as tears flowed and mingled and love is recommitted
- laughters in the garden
- cooking, baking, ice cream making!
I’m linking up with other blogs, please check the list at the side bar.
Journey with Jesus,