It is Enough

Sometime during the Christmas season, an inner voice spoke to me. I had just recovered from a full hour of excruciating struggle for breath. That “walking through the valley of the shadow of death” that I’m always terrified to go through but it happens and I can’t stop it. Weakly, I slowly turned from my side to a supine position. Such violent attacks always leave me limp afterwards, so I just lay motionless waiting for strength to return. That’s when the voice spoke.

You have been praying and waiting for healing for ten years now but you have not received it. God’s Word says, “Ask and you will receive.” You have asked. Oh, how many times have you asked these past ten years! You cannot count the times. But you have not received.

“That’s true. All you say is true,” I answered in my mind wistfully.

Do you honestly believe that you’ll ever going to receive healing? I mean, if the Lord wants to heal you, why doesn’t He just go ahead and do it? Maybe because He doesn’t intend to do it! The silent voice continued.

“Yes, maybe you’re right. Maybe He’s never ever going to heal me,” I answered again, the full realization of that possibility hit me. “Oh my, oh my. What should I do now?”

Maybe you should stop praying, reading the Bible —

“— And reading that thick book about prayer and all the promises that prayer can fulfil,” I continued. Then fell silent as I absorbed the grim tidings. The voice also fell silent. He (or is it a she if I was wise enough to discern her as the wife of Job of old?) seemed to have accomplished what he came here for. The spirit of Job’s wife seemed to have visited me that day! The devil’s voice always sounds the same but without the Spirit of God discerning it, what would become of me?

When I had regained enough strength, I slowly sat up at the edge of the bed. Jesus, my ever faithful Savior, wouldn’t give up on me that easily. In fact, He’s never ever going to give up on me.

And I’m never giving up on Him.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (John 10:28)

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom. 8:38-39)

I prayed.

“Nothing’s changed, my dearest Lord Jesus. You’re still my God, my King, my everything! If you choose not to heal me, I will still cleave unto You. My salvation, my hope of eternal life, Your promise of heaven – they are enough. What You did for me – coming down to earth and dying on the cross to give me life and to prove Your eternal love for me – it is enough. It is enough.”

Comments

1. Sis Fe says:

God Bless you Sis Rina!

2. Barbara Johnson says:

Rina, My heart aches for you as you wait your healing. I suggest you read the book The Healing Codes, which is written by two Christian men, Alexander Loyd and Ben Carson. You may well be healed through applying these healing codes. God bless you as you bless others.

3. Esther Joy says:

Rina, it’s been awhile since I visited your blog. As I get ready for bed this evening, I will remember you in prayer. I couldn’t help but think of the woman who had suffered 12 years that touched the hem of Jesus garment and experienced healing. May you get it sooner!

Thank you, Esther Joy! Yes, I know that woman so well. How many times have I imagined myself in her place, sneaking up behind the Healer and touching His garment… Blessings!

4. Cynthia Swenson says:

Sorry to hear about such terrifying episodes you must endure Rina. However, you are absolutely correct that Jesus & His salvation is enough. “His love is better than life” Ps.? Your testimony is very powerful, thanks for faithfully sharing! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

5. Barbie says:

It’s so hard to wait for healing, when we know that God has the power to do it instantly. He is a God of suddenlies. I am praying that for you!

Thank you for the encouragement, Barbie. I will be expecting His “sudden healing” of me. Blessings to you!

Our Questions WHY? may not be answered here, but today I was reminded of JOB. He suffered greatly and when it was time for prayer, he prayed not for himself, but for his friends and God healed him.
    May God grant you His strength and His health and wisdom. Thank you for sharing with us here at “Tell Me a Story.”

7. It is a great reminder….hold on to God’s promises. We don’t always understand His timing and His reasons but we have to not give up loving Him.

There’s no giving up, Sheryl. Just how Peter asked,”Where will we go? You have the words of life,” we also ask the same question when we feel like quitting.